Wednesday, November 22, 2017

100 Word Challenge Week #11

Sitting in a circle, we lit the candles and chanted the secret verse. The statue in the black robe came to life. We were petrified. He sauntered towards us. "You've summoned me?" he asked. I was shocked to witness that the tale was true. "We need your help I said.  There is a bully at school who hurt a lot of our friends." The caliginous figure replied, "I know what to do." He then raised his arms up in the air and vanished. It was an anxious night not knowing our lives were about to change, because that bully... he disappeared. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bobbyjoe! This is an excellent story. You have used descriptive vocabulary e.g. 'petrified', 'sauntered, and 'summoned', which elevates your writing to a much higher level. 'Caliginous'! I had to look it up in the dictionary, and you use it correctly. Your story grabbed my attention right from the start, and kept me going until the thrilling ending. Who doesn't want some kind of revenge on a bully? One suggestion; In a short write like this, try to avoid starting your sentences with the same word.
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Van

    ReplyDelete